I am an accomplished Front-End developer and interface designer with four years of professional experience and several more as a hobbyist. I am passionate about writing code and constructing web interfaces that people can actually use. I meticulously align project goals with human behavior to achieve the best results for clients. I am confident with color theory, typography, and understanding brand requirements.
Lead Technical Developer - August 2016 - Present
Creative Developer - March 2016 - July 2016
Grand Rapids, MI
Design and develop web experiences for small to medium-sized businesses using WordPress.
- Rapidly design visuals and user experiences in the web browser.
- Solve complex problems through time-sensitive support ticket requests.
- Create, maintain and enforce the integrity of our coding standards and procedures.
- Design the architecture for our development processes and tool set.
December 2014 - January 2016
Developed web experiences for enterprise-level clients using the WordPress VIP platform. Worked with such notable clients as Resignation Media, USA Today Sports, and Global News.
July 2014 - November 2014
Developed custom WordPress Themes for area businesses. Collaborated with designers to plan and execute the user experience.
Creative Director & Web Developer
June 2012 - June 2014
My time was balanced between client projects and company directives.
- Maintained small business WordPress websites and implemented front-end design and content changes for clients.
- Proposed and implemented brand, marketing, and web strategies to increase company's web presence.
Web Developer & Designer
2004 - Present
Over the years I have developed several passion projects and have created web experiences for many local small businesses on my own.